Kyk-Over-Al
Word of the Day
Free website content provided by The Free Dictionary

Article of the Day
Free website content provided by The Free Dictionary

This Day in History
Free website content provided by The Free Dictionary

Today's Birthday
Free website content provided by The Free Dictionary

In the News
Free website content provided by The Free Dictionary

Quotation of the Day
Free website content provided by The Free Dictionary

Match Up
Match each word in the left column with its synonym on the right. When finished, click Answer to see the results. Good luck!

 
Free website content provided by The Free Dictionary

Hangman
Free website content provided by The Free Dictionary
Google

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Passions of Eldorado unity


Passions of Eldorado unity


From the land with cascading waters
Many colours more than rainbow and peacock feathers
The sons and daughters of this Amazonian empire
Inspire the peace outside more than the local dweller or global philosopher

Yet as Kaieteur sings on the harp of ancient Faith
Seducing the divas of modest gals weary of any date
Filling the hearts of spiritual seekers from many a faraway state
Making the leaders of poisoned speeches revealed naked of late

Asking a price as much as my life for two morning fame
Why forget the blood of Enmore martyrs; this isn’t Jesus or Rodney game
Why sing loudly your passions when you worship at the altar of last name
When you see me set your lens towards Heaven for we're the same

Oh sister of Cuffy, Jagan and Abram
Not your wicked blood or unholy lamb
Not your drunken rum I return for every year damn
Nor your enigma of cutlass I glamorise and unmarked grave of Ram

On my hammock, away I sat on the banks of Lakeshore plugged in for sure
I miss my Berbice chair on the banks of Essequibo laughing at our folklore
Reflected in her silvery purity my love of His power
Wherever they play my heart will still cry that the games of Babylon burn forever.

Race isn’t salvation

Watching the seeds of hate planted
The fertilizer of anger placed
The water of animosity splashed
In that place my muscles grew where winds of racism everywhere fanned

Why my colour you love yet on me dislike
Why the shape of my hair elsewhere so nice a spike
Why my looks garlanded except mine ain’t
All my ancestors were of blood and sweat, each made Massah dent.

The ancient creed of Indus
The beliefs of Mali and Horus
The Chinese way of Magi
Makanaima died at the altar of Pakaraima; read your history to Miss Molly

You came with fire and malaria
Making hell for lovers who sat at night by logies; you nicknamed lungaria
You tell of stories of God
Though I saw your face painted with my forefathers’ blood

Love is all we ask for
Not to tie not to lie, just her
To dance on the flames of eternal self
To be together and yet not consumed by yourself

While we shared manboogh, shirney and parsad
The world made mince of each other, how sad
While we named our children Khan, Persaud and Joe
The powers to be ranted about global ethics with show

Make your journey not to Pearson or Timehri
Write your ticket to true self; that’s your destiny
Make a small pledge today
Serve humanity and then you can say Guyana is the best, even faraway.


HABEEB

Link Posted by jebratt :: Wednesday, May 17, 2006 :: 0 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------