Kyk-Over-Al
Word of the Day
Free website content provided by The Free Dictionary

Article of the Day
Free website content provided by The Free Dictionary

This Day in History
Free website content provided by The Free Dictionary

Today's Birthday
Free website content provided by The Free Dictionary

In the News
Free website content provided by The Free Dictionary

Quotation of the Day
Free website content provided by The Free Dictionary

Match Up
Match each word in the left column with its synonym on the right. When finished, click Answer to see the results. Good luck!

 
Free website content provided by The Free Dictionary

Hangman
Free website content provided by The Free Dictionary
Google

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

BODY MEMORIES by Raman Mundair (Courtesy of Peepal Tree Press)


BODY MEMORIES


I do not feel
the sun, but I see it, I cannot hear
the rain, but it covers me.
Sun and rain fill my pores
I could drown
e
a
s
i
l
y.
Smells.
Sounds.
Scenes.


vu
I can smell his
fist tearing through
the air
homing its way
into my skin.
I hear my hair
being tugged at the root,
pulled and stretched
across the floor
the weight of my body
following behind it.
I see my consciousness
fade in and out
then flicker
hi tech
audio visual
shutdown.
I flirt with
near death experiences,
watch in slow motion
the movement of his mass
on her body.
I absorb the texture of her life
as abrasive grey carpet fibres
work their way into her mouth.
My transcendental fingertips
acknowledge the grooves
imprinted on her cheek
where his thick metal
watchstrap has been indented
proof of forced contact
against her skin
against her will.
I know that she can
almost see the sun
when she twists her neck
towards the window,
narrowing her eyes,
staring at its glaring
yellow light
so that she can create
rainbows that fill her
head with a riot-
ous kaleidoscope.


Posted by jebratt :: Wednesday, April 05, 2006 :: 0 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------