Kyk-Over-Al
Word of the Day
Free website content provided by The Free Dictionary

Article of the Day
Free website content provided by The Free Dictionary

This Day in History
Free website content provided by The Free Dictionary

Today's Birthday
Free website content provided by The Free Dictionary

In the News
Free website content provided by The Free Dictionary

Quotation of the Day
Free website content provided by The Free Dictionary

Match Up
Match each word in the left column with its synonym on the right. When finished, click Answer to see the results. Good luck!

 
Free website content provided by The Free Dictionary

Hangman
Free website content provided by The Free Dictionary
Google

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

LIKE AMAZON RAIN I DANCE by James C. Richmond



LIKE AMAZON RAIN I DANCE


(When.....yuh.....hear.....the.......drums.................)

Like amazon rain I dance

For the African drum becomes my soul

My tropical frame I now behold!

Jubilant and enchanted, revisiting time and times of old........

I dance the dance of an old African.

I dance the dance of an old African.

Like lightning in the rain I dance

For the Indian drum becomes my dream

And rose like a mystical streak, a vision unseen!

A vision of light, with ghungrus and sari................

I dance the dance of an old Indian.

I dance the dance of an old Indian.

Like clouds of fire I dance

For the cumfa drum speaks to me

Spiritual flames across the floor; resurrected and free!

I dance the dance of cumfa.

I dance the dance of cumfa.

Like Amazon rain - lightning and clouds of fire I dance

For the masquerade drums awake my soul

My tropical spirit, like flickering lights unfold!

I dance the dance of Guyana.

I dance the dance of Guyana.

When........yuh........hear......the.......drums...............!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Poem by: James C. Richmond


Posted by jebratt :: Tuesday, March 14, 2006 :: 0 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------