Kyk-Over-Al
Word of the Day
Free website content provided by The Free Dictionary

Article of the Day
Free website content provided by The Free Dictionary

This Day in History
Free website content provided by The Free Dictionary

Today's Birthday
Free website content provided by The Free Dictionary

In the News
Free website content provided by The Free Dictionary

Quotation of the Day
Free website content provided by The Free Dictionary

Match Up
Match each word in the left column with its synonym on the right. When finished, click Answer to see the results. Good luck!

 
Free website content provided by The Free Dictionary

Hangman
Free website content provided by The Free Dictionary
Google

Thursday, March 16, 2006

A Journey In My Mind by James Richmond



A JOURNEY IN MY MIND


I write with my mind affixed on the stars

Breathing through my nose the elements of Mars

I write of yesteryear, this year and years to come

The blood, sweat and tears of the Amerindian drum

African drum, Indian drum; the Tassa drum

I write of Guyana and the City of Georgetown

The town of McKenzie where the Bauxite lands surround

I write of Bartica the watery town

Of Ituni, Kwakwani, Lethem and Queenstown

I write of Wakenaam, Hogg Island and Parika town.

Oh Land! Where my navel string took root

The Land where I left my youth

I write of you

Oh Land! Where my eyes were young

The Land where I grew strong

I write of you

I write with feelings distilled from the plains of Venus

Where my toes of joy trod the isles of Uranus

I write of Essequibo, Demerara and Berbice

Where Malali and Torani skim the rivers with ease

I write of New Amsterdam, Everton, Black Bush Polder

Bush Lot and Corriverton

My ancestral bones lie beneath the sands of Hopetown, near Fort Wellington

I write of Mahaica, Mahaicony, Abary

And the green green grass of my safari

Oh Land! Where my navel string took root

The Land where I left my youth

I write of you

Oh Land! Where my eyes were young

The Land where I grew strong

I write of you

I write of places I remember

I write of Guyana


Poem by: James C. Richmond


Posted by jebratt :: Thursday, March 16, 2006 :: 0 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------