Kyk-Over-Al
Word of the Day
Free website content provided by The Free Dictionary

Article of the Day
Free website content provided by The Free Dictionary

This Day in History
Free website content provided by The Free Dictionary

Today's Birthday
Free website content provided by The Free Dictionary

In the News
Free website content provided by The Free Dictionary

Quotation of the Day
Free website content provided by The Free Dictionary

Match Up
Match each word in the left column with its synonym on the right. When finished, click Answer to see the results. Good luck!

 
Free website content provided by The Free Dictionary

Hangman
Free website content provided by The Free Dictionary
Google

Monday, January 09, 2006



Lover’s Eden


I
no longer find it fashionable
to fashion rose petals from your lips
nor swim in your skin
like I was a child playing in silk sheets
my love for you no longer triumphs
like Harpy Eagle’s first flight from
mother’s nest
nor does it trumpet your name
like how sunlight trumpets the name of God
tumbling through space
giddy
to splash the morning sky
like a master’s bush on
eternal canvas

I do not trust this love
Lover’s Eden is short-lived
and I, am Adam
am exiled from God’s favour
by your whim
and my lover’s foolishness

no, I refuse to be
rivulet of rain
razing your contours
I refuse to be
wicked water
waiting for your naked
return
you have not earned the right
to have me hang from your knees
like dew on green green leaf’s tapered edge
the forest will not still for your presence
regal as Mother Earth
and I will no longer be prisoner
to the fancy of
the ideal of
Your Love


Kojo Chukwuma
July 20, 2002?

Posted by jebratt :: Monday, January 09, 2006 :: 0 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------