Kyk-Over-Al
Word of the Day
Free website content provided by The Free Dictionary

Article of the Day
Free website content provided by The Free Dictionary

This Day in History
Free website content provided by The Free Dictionary

Today's Birthday
Free website content provided by The Free Dictionary

In the News
Free website content provided by The Free Dictionary

Quotation of the Day
Free website content provided by The Free Dictionary

Match Up
Match each word in the left column with its synonym on the right. When finished, click Answer to see the results. Good luck!

 
Free website content provided by The Free Dictionary

Hangman
Free website content provided by The Free Dictionary
Google

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

The Good Samaritan



I wish I could be a Good Samaritan
to myself for a change and not to my friends.
If only I could please myself
instead of others so often.
To say no at times, to stop trying
to make someone laugh,
When I am crying inside.
To have half the faith in my present abilities
as I do others.

I wish I could be me
Be carefree
Enjoy the last years of childhood
And not be confined to a world where
I assume the role of one who lives
To satisfy others' needs
To be an ideal friend, daughter, student,

I wish I could be a Good Samaritan
To myself
And try to hold on
To the little of me that's left

Shonette Tross
(http://www.geocities.com/bhsosa/poetry.htm#products)


Posted by jebratt :: Tuesday, October 04, 2005 :: 0 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------