Kyk-Over-Al
Word of the Day
Free website content provided by The Free Dictionary

Article of the Day
Free website content provided by The Free Dictionary

This Day in History
Free website content provided by The Free Dictionary

Today's Birthday
Free website content provided by The Free Dictionary

In the News
Free website content provided by The Free Dictionary

Quotation of the Day
Free website content provided by The Free Dictionary

Match Up
Match each word in the left column with its synonym on the right. When finished, click Answer to see the results. Good luck!

 
Free website content provided by The Free Dictionary

Hangman
Free website content provided by The Free Dictionary
Google

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Friends In The Woods


When I want to be at peace
I take myself into the woods
To stroll and think how lucky I am
For there I can effortlessly release
And enjoy my tranquil moods
I marvel at the beauty of the crocus
Pussy-willow and the blooming lily
I wander and know how lucky I am
As I smell the scents so delicious
And gaze at the butterfly so fancy
The squirrels watch with tails so long
For they know me by now you see
I am glad to know that I am lucky
To hear the cardinal sing her song
Courting her mate in maple tree
The deer drinks from a stream near by
Distracting the crane with a fish in its beak
The bunny watches as if to say hello
The eagle crow circles way up high
Looking at the baby beaver so helpless and meek
For there were no man-made sounds here
To disturb the sparrow in a fir tree
And I felt like a lord of the woods
For with them the woods I share
And I know they watch out for me.

Naraine Datt
(www.guyanajournal.com)

Posted by jebratt :: Tuesday, October 04, 2005 :: 0 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------